18/ Stack the Keyboard
Routines, Work, and Practice
- This article about routines, rituals, meaning from Ava of bookbear express is really worthwhile for those trying to get their start in writing.
- I love getting a sense of word counts on books when I'm in the pre-planning stages of a project. Word Counters is an excellent resource to get an estimate on the ranges and expectations of different genres or specific books that you are using as a model.
- Although this article talks about newsletters and journalism, I think it's a valuable reminder that as writers, we can't rely on just one book/one stream of income to make our career.
- I am quite fascinated with the Qwerkywriter, a bluetooth-enabled keyboard for your computer. I'd also recommend this future best-selling author mug.
- ~~Don't forget my office hours are back.~~
- Austin Kleon shared this exercise from Jeff Tweedy called a Word Ladder. It's an amazing way to play with words and images. I tried it the other day, using beekeeping as my starting point, and here are my results: