Hello. I enjoy sending you my weekly list of five things and hope to make it a regular feature (at least until I get overwhelmed with work). However, if it's too much for you, you can cancel it through your account.
- This week I learned that building my stories through story beats made my daily writing a lot easier.
- My favourite story from this week's #dailystories is Twenty Years.
- Some good stuff from Austin Kleon last week: It's not inside you trying to get out, it's outside you trying to get in; Pluck the day; and all about Corita Day.
- My favourite word (and mood) for the week is Komorebi: "a dance of shadows emerging when sunlight filters through trees."
- I rewatched Arrival for the first time in almost five years. I still love the storytelling, imagery, and theme, but the emotional heart is what always gets me.
That's it for the week. Thank you for reading.
If you like what I do, please share it with your friends and family, or become a patron.