This has been a week full of travel, reflection, and decisions. Here are the five (very writerly) things I'm sharing this week:
- After a month long run, I've decided to take a break from writing a story a day. Here are my reflections on the experience.
- Favourite stories of this last week were Moments Pass Like These and Western Red Lilies.
- Despite all my issues with Amazon (which never let up), I've recently heard and read two counterpoints that made me think. The first comes from Seth Godin in a response to a question that reflects many of my concerns (it starts at 17:41). The second comes from this post by Zack Kanter.
- Alexander Chee's article on how to overcome writers block was illuminating and I highly recommend it.
- I've been reading a little bit of Shawn Coyne lately and found his take on genre interesting.
Okay, that's it for this week. Thank you for reading.
If you like what I do, please help it grow by sharing it with your friends and family, or signup and become a patron.
David Gane Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.