Sorry for the delayed newsletter. I was still travelling this week and was in an area with very poor internet on Friday, so despite my best efforts, I eventually gave up trying to get this out and waited until today to send it.
This week's five links are a little different. There are some things for writers, but also with the heartbreaking news coming out of B.C and Saskatchewan, and the fact that my recent travels have taken me through both provinces, I wanted to share some other things to think about.
- I am rereading the Calls to Action from the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada. And this twitter thread from David A. Robertson and this blog post from Waubgeshig Rice offer some excellent reading suggestions.
- I think some of you might like this essay called To a Young Writer by Wallace Stegner
- I found these 13 Tips for Actually Getting the Writing Done by Gretchen Rubin very helpful.
- My daughter told me about Hank Green discussing the wet bulb temperature and after experiencing the heat wave in B.C. last week, I thought it was important to share.
- To counteract the fears and worries of the heat, I am very excited to discover more about the genre of Solarpunk.
That's it for the week. Thank you for reading.
If you like what I do, please share it with your friends and family, or become a patron.