Are we getting less creative?
And another fantastic essay on the future of fiction.
Happy Friday! Here are the 5 things I'm sharing this week:
- The 30 second habit to listen better, and ask better questions, by Robyn Scott
- Research suggests we’re all getting less creative (but there’s a way to improve it).
- The Future of Fiction. I’ve shared Elle Griffin's writing before. I love everything she says, but I would consider other subscription services like Ghost, as well as the continued desire by readers for physical books.
- I'm always looking for alternatives to Goodreads. Basmo seems interesting.
- Two things from Seth Godin today. His recent podcast on The Rule of Three has meaning for storytellers, and his recent blog post Progress is a Trade resonated with me.
That's it! If you like what's here, please let me know in the comments, or share it with your friends and family. It is because of you this newsletter continues to grow.
If you want to support my writing or this newsletter, please consider becoming a patron.
Have a great day.
David Gane Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.