This week, I share a little of my own writing, as well as two other links. Hope you enjoy these five things from my week:
- I sat on a link about different plot structure for about a week. Some of the writer's thoughts seemed faulty, so I never shared it with you, but it did lead me to write this short diatribe: Story is not plot.
- For over a year I've been searching for stories without conflict, and a question and response from Seth Godin's latest Akimbo episode resonated: Being Jupiter, Conflict, and Doing Nothing.
- I've been feeling a little lost as of late in my work, and I had a realization this week while playing a video game: It's all about the paperclips.
- Something useful to practice: By setting the rules, you can reduce your decisions.
- Lastly, can you imagine writing to find out what you don't want to know?
That's it for the week! Thank you for visiting.
If you like what you read here, please let me know in the comments, or share it with your friends and family. It is because of you this newsletter continues to grow. Or if you really want to support my work, please consider becoming a patron.
Have a great day.
David Gane Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.