My students are working on theme this week. I said how theme isn't just war or love or jealousy but must include a value statement:
(Topic) is (value) because (cause).
For example: Jealousy is dangerous because it harms the ones we love.
That's when one of my students shared this introspective card set that's used to help people figure out what's important to them.
Bits & Pieces
- Another post from Tom Critchlow about a decentralized Goodreads.
- Trees swallowing trespassing signs
- What is an author platform?
- 99% Invisible talks about the importance of airplane safety cards. I loved all of it (I'm also someone who loves looking at them), but what caught my attention was how telling a coherent story protects you.
- The Uncanny Valley of Culture.
- I am playing with streaming while writing on Twitch.
- How to make a zine.