Happy Friday! Here are the 5 things I'm sharing this week.
- Did we make the right decision to quit selling through Amazon?
- The question of the week: What piece of helpful writing advice have you received recently?
- I learned about kishōtenketsu, a four act story structure that some argue creates plot without conflict. It has multiple interpretations but much of its structure centers around the third act which creates a new perspective that leads to a new understanding of the narrative.
- Here is something wonderful. Yoni Circle is an app that features "hour-long, live, moderated video chat experiences (capped at 6 women) that leave members feeling lighter and more connected to themselves and the world around them. Think a slumber party meets a mindfulness class."
- When you're trying to find your vision and voice in your work, consider The Helsinki Bus Station Theory from Arno Rafael Minkkinen. Here is Oliver Burkeman's thoughts on it.
That's it! If you liked it, please let me know in the comments, or share it with your friends or family. It is because of you this newsletter continues to grow.
If you want to support my writing or this newsletter, please consider becoming a patron.
Have a great day.