Don’t rush it
There are a lot of reasons to get the story finished.
A few might be:
- You don’t actually want to write it in the first place.
- Getting started is always a pain in the ass.
- Doing the work takes time and energy.
- It may take a lot more in the tank than you have.
- You just want to share it and get feedback.
But don’t force it and don't push it out the door before it’s ready. Take your time to give it a thorough chance.
The hardest thing is sometimes not to rush it. Give yourself time for a solid first draft and a proper couple of edits. The only way any of this can happen is by not rushing it.
So practice allowing it to happen. Add a buffer. Give yourself plenty of a runway.
You, your writing, and your reader all deserve it.
David Gane Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.