This is your homepage for all things related to the class. Consider bookmarking it for future references. Below you will find Important Links and the Course Schedule.
As mentioned in the syllabus, the lesson and assignments will be unlocked at the start of each week below. Until then, review the syllabus, sign-up for Slack, and set up your account for Zoom. If you any questions email me.
Week 12 is available, including weekly updates.
Slack Sign-Up: Please setup your Slack account ASAP. This will be our main source of online discussion within the group. If you are having troubles with sign-up on Slack, please contact me.
Zoom Meeting Room - This will help you sign-up for Zoom, but when you book a meeting time with Calendly, you will receive an email with a link for our meeting.
Questions or concerns? Email me
Grammarly - Freemium Subscription
ProWriting Aid - Subscription
ShoSho.co - Freemium Subscription
(Last updated Nov 16, 2020)
- Class 1 (Sept. 2–8): Introduction | Formatting
- Class 2 (Sept. 9–15): Story
- Class 3 (Sept. 16–22): Descriptions
- Class 4 (Sept. 23–29): Want, Obstacle, and Outcome
- Class 5 (Sept. 30–Oct. 6): Action and Response
- Class 6 (Oct. 7–13): Scene dynamics
- Class 7 (Oct. 14–20): Inner Want
- Class 8 (Oct. 21–27): Inner Obstacle
- Class 9 (Oct. 28–Nov. 3): Character and World Building
- Class 10 (Nov. 4–10): Rewriting
- Reading Week (November 9–13)
- Class 11 (Nov. 18–24): Theme
- Class 12 (Nov. 25–Dec. 1): Outlining and Work Habits
- Class 13 (Dec. 2–8): Real World