This is your homepage for all things related to the class. Consider bookmarking it for future references.
As mentioned in the syllabus, the lesson and assignments will be unlocked at the start of each week below. Until then, review the syllabus and sign-up for Discord.
This semester, we'll be trying Discord for all announcements, communication, and video. This is something new for the class, so if it fails, we'll return to using Zoom for our sessions.
First class will be held via Discord video Tuesday, Jan 12 at 7 pm.
Discord Sign-Up: Please setup your Discord account ASAP. This will be our main source of online discussion within the group. If you are having troubles with sign-up on Discord, please contact me.
Zoom Meeting Room - This will help you sign-up for Zoom, but when you book a meeting time with Calendly, you will receive an email with a link for our meeting.
Questions or concerns? Email me
Grammarly - Freemium Subscription
ProWriting Aid - Subscription
ShoSho.co - Freemium Subscription
- Class 1 (Jan. 12): Intro and Formatting
- Class 2 (Jan. 19): WOARO
- Class 3 (Jan. 26): Descriptions and World and Character Building
- Class 4 (Feb. 2): Mythic Structure
- Class 5 (Feb. 9): Save the Cat Structure
- Reading Week (Feb. 16)
- Class 6 (Feb. 23): TV Structure
- Class 7 (Mar. 2): Outlining
- Class 8 (Mar. 9): Rewriting
- Class 9 (Mar. 16): Scenes
- Class 10 (Mar. 23): Sequences
- Class 11 (Mar. 30): Internal Wants and Obstacles
- Class 12 (Apr. 6): Theme
- Class 13 (Apr. 13): Real World