Friday Links - Dec 11, 2020
- Word Counters - I often like to get a sense of word counts on books when I am thinking about the size of projects. This is a handy resource.
- On routines, rituals, meaning from bookbear express.
- Writing voices spoken over an intercom or speaker from John August.
- It was great to hear Arthur Slade’s Dust recommended on the recent episode of Writing Excuses.
- PlatformAbuse's database offers guidance to build safer online communities.
- We can't rely on just our writing as independent publishers.
- All the ways to make money without ads.
- John August's Screenwriting.io is an excellent resource.
- The Qwerkywriter bluetooth-enabled keyboard.
- Hood Maps - created for nomad workers, this tool allows users to map neighbourhoods with indicators like Hipsters, Tourists, and Money, and adding notes. The results can be sketchy, but I have used it to get a sense of a place I don't know well.
- Ink+Volt Priority Pads
- Flourish - a data visualization and story tool
- Future best-selling author mug
- The Freewrite Traveller
- The Rocketbook Core - Write, scan, and erase
- The Storymatic
- The Wordsmith Deck
- Writer Emergency Kit
- Stet! Dreyer's English: A Game for Language Lovers, Grammar Geeks, and Bibliophiles
- Seth on Feedback: “The most persistent changes in behavior happen when the story is so ingrained, we forget all about the feedback that reinforced it in the first place...But it still started with the desire to be seen, to be treated with respect, to receive the dignity we each deserve.”
- I was originally very hesitant in watching Schitt's Creek. The first episodes threw me off, but then one student told me to wait until episode six, and then told me to make it through season 2, then my sister told me the moment that got her was in season 4, and by the end I was surprised how much I cared for the characters.
- Nouns and Verbs. This is my results from the exercise:
- Keep Moving by Maggie Smith
David Gane Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.