- 15 Simple Screenplay Rules You Need to Know
- Screenwriting Basics: The Keys to Writing Correct Scene Headings
- The look of this tiny home in B.C. is bright and open.
- Another breakdown of Zettelkasten note-taking.
- I'm starting to realize this place is becoming a digital garden and not a blog.
- Buried in Tom Critchlow's digital garden is this page about web books that become print books.
- I know I've linked to Andy Matuschak's Evergreen Notes before but his approach to them is fascinating.
- I came across egghead.io, which is for web developers and not something I'd use, but I like their approach to teaching. This would be my ideal for teaching. Right now, most of my lessons are d 20-30 minutes, but I'd like to segment them down to something smaller:
egghead lessons are bite-sized, practice-ready video tutorials for busy web developers. Every egghead lesson consists of a single screencast that’s 1–10 minutes long. You’ll record your screen as you talk through a code example, just like you’re explaining how you solved a problem to a coworker. The goal of each lesson is to give learners a specific piece of knowledge they can use right away.
- VFX Artists React to Speed Racer and they share the same love I have for it.
- Someone made an Among Us 3D version.
- Over a year ago, I answered a question from a young writer who complained that writing is hard. I thought this blog post from Seth was a good follow-up.
- Another recommendation from my TA: the podcast Heavyweight.
- The newsletter from Yanyi is really wonderful and especially liked this quote:
literature is not the work copyrighted but the process of the work lived. It’s not books that follow you in life but the shape of the words enacted. Words are the fragments of revolutions; words are the frames of new homes.
- When did books about cannibalism get on the reading menu?
- The renovation of this 1968 level-home is really lovely.
- After a the other day("your last text is the title of your autobiography"), I had some fun. To that end, I used Canva to create the mockups.
- An alternative to the Amazon owned GoodReads: The Story Graph.
- Misreading Graphs
- Shhh....I did an update for all paying members of this website.
- More sound recordings: this time in fields.
- In my Introduction to Screenwriting class, I ask my students to write shotrt 2-3 pages scripts. One of my favourite examples of the power of a short films is Embrace by the late Hillman Curtis.
- If anything sums up DDJ, it might be this piece by Tom Critchlow.
- I love the idea of Quotebacks for blogging.
- The coast of BC was hit with some big storms, but look at these amazing photos from TJ Watt because of it!
- A compendium of monsterous fishes.
- I feel like every week will have something from Seth but the first two questions from this week's Akimbo are directly for writers (go to about halfway through to queue it up).
- Another post from Tom Critchlow about a decentralized Goodreads.
- Trees swallowing trespassing signs
- What is an author platform?
- 99% Invisible talks about the importance of airplane safety cards. I loved all of it (I'm also someone who loves looking at them), but what caught my attention was how telling a coherent story protects you.
- The Uncanny Valley of Culture.
- I am playing with streaming while writing on Twitch.
- How to make a zine.
Enjoying these posts? Subscribe for moreSubscribe now
Already have an account? Sign in