"I am now 55 years old. Like a lot of people in middle age my late-night thoughts bend to contemplations about how short my remaining time is. Even with increasing longevity there is not enough time to do all that I want. Nowhere close. My friend Stewart Brand, who is now 69, has been arranging his life in blocks of 5 years. Five years is what he says any project worth doing will take. From moment of inception to the last good-riddance, a book, a campaign, a new job, a start-up will take 5 years to play through. So, he asks himself, how many 5 years do I have left? He can count them on one hand even if he is lucky. So this clarifies his choices. If he has less than 5 big things he can do, what will they be?"
- If you like the theatrical use of great sets and costumes in the discussion of such topics as politics, gender, and philosophy, then ContraPoints videos might be for you.
- Two Seth things: Pay the Author and his interview with Brian Koppelman.
- I have to be honest, since I know some people that visit here are interested in these things. One of my recent pleasures (no gulity pleasures allowed) has been watching Twitch gamers. My daughter had on one video from an Among Us game, and I got hooked. I went down the rabbit hole and have learned all about Corpse Husband, Sykunno, Valkyrae, Disguised Toast, and their many, many friends. Besides enjoying watching their big brain plays in Among Us, my two favourite moments have been Valkyrae discovering Sykunno's back room in Animal Crossing and Toast's double fireworks in Minecraft.
- From Seth: Ignoring the ideas less likely to work.
- Jessica Hische's The Dark Art of Pricing PDF looks good.