Happy Friday! Travelling today and poor internet, so no photo and things are running a little late. Here are the 5 things (kind of) I'm sharing this week:
- One thing I can't (or maybe won't) share is the small signal I finally found out in the middle of the woods I am in. It requires me to stand in an area about a metre wide and raise my phone above my head, but it's enough to finish this newsletter up.
- Good news for authors: Streaming services have lead to The Rise of Must-Read TV.
- If you make anything and release it online, then Succeeding at the Creator Game might be the essay for you.
- After loving season 9 of Taskmaster, I burned through Rose Matefeo's Starstruck in a day. The show is a perfect blend of funny, sweet, and heartbreaking and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
- This line from a recent newsletter from Monomythical has stayed with me:
I've read plenty of beautiful and stirring pieces—but perhaps it’s more that I feel like I'm no longer reading with the world. When did someone last write something that made something else happen?
That's it! If you like what's here, please share it with your friends and family. It is because of you this newsletter continues to grow.
If you want to support my writing or this newsletter, please consider becoming a patron.
Have a great day.