When you get feedback from me, you may get stressed when you see the red corrections on the page. However, I don't want you to get disheartened, so here are a few things to consider:
- Not all the red marks mean you are losing marks.
- Some areas I will mark that we haven't yet discussed in class but are something I want you to work on. You won't lose marks for this.
- If I write the words "oof" or "ugh" or make a happy face 🙂, sad face 🙁, or some other note about your characters—this is a good thing. It is me responding to your script and your story.
- If you can't read my writing or want clarification, you can ask me about it on Discord, email, or we can go through it in a meeting.
- I am happy to listen if you want to discuss your mark.
- Don't get stressed out. Each time is an opportunity to grow and improve. If you continue to do the work, it's hard to fail this class.
Lastly, as a reminder, every assignment is out of 2.5%. This is 2.5% of your final mark.
- You will get a 2.5% if you meet all the criteria.
- 1.25% if you do the assignment but don't meet all the criteria.
- 0% if you don't do the assignment. (Doing the assignment always gets you a mark).
I think that is it for now. I will update you if I add more.
Also, we will have a Teaching Assistant (TA). They will read your script every second week, so they may also have more notes.