Considering New Rules for Scriptwriting
- Go in without a plan.
- Allow for a natural, organic shape to emerge.
- Don’t worry about theme. Follow Nirav Christophe’s belief that “Theme is the cross-section of your life.”
- Write the way you talk. Naturally.
- Write 10 pages at a time. Stop and consider after each step.
- Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs.
- Never write more than two pages on any subject/or scene beat.
- It is never done the day you write it. Read it aloud the next morning — and then edit it.
- Open strong. End strong.